Friday, January 4, 2008

an upset tummy and a new year to make the most of ...

It's just past 2am on the 5th day of 2008.

At the top of my mind now (of things to see to, priorities, things to do and such) is my not-too-well Big Z. He's down with an upset tummy, he's made 3 trips to the loo just today and he's now not his chirpiest self. Weak and quiet pretty much sums him up at the moment. Seeing him unwell like this just breaks my heart. He's otherwise known to be very vocal and chirpy a 4 year old. I'm doing the quick recall exercise in my head now and I really can't think of anything bad he could have eaten in the past couple of days or so to trigger this upset tummy. As I'm typing this out, he's asleep next to me - we're taking refuge in the downstairs room tonight as the distance between the sofabed here and the ensuite bathroom is closer than that of his and/or my bed upstairs and the bathroom upstairs. Am anticipating at least one more rush to the loo some time middle of the night, and at this stage (of my being heavily pregnant), I'd like to save as much walking steps as I can. So, here we are camping downstairs tonight and I'm very much awake as I can't get that peace of mind knowing my son's unwell. Just doesn't seem fair to sneak in some shut-eye when I know he's far from comfortable even with his eyes shut.

The morning will see us making a trip to the doctor's. Have him properly checked and treated. It's all so timely (NOT, really) he's down with this tummy bug now, just 2 days before he starts school. After a good 4-week break, his school will start it's 2008 term this Monday. If the tummy doesn't settle down by tomorrow though, I don't think he should go in to school on Monday. Miss the first day, I really don't mind.



All this aside, I'm hoping for better things to come my way, our way this year. As we all do, naturally. I wouldn't say I'm one to list down my new year's resolution. But, just for the sake of all things 'new' and list-y, some general things I'd like to tick off my mental list would be as follows:

1. Have as smooth and easy a labour and delivery when Baby Z decides it's time to wriggle out of me - please please come out easy, my lil one ... and then please please be a darling of a child to raise.

2. Better myself as a whole, but mostly, as a mother to my kid(s), wife and daughter - I owe it to my kid(s) to be a strong, responsible and loving mom; I owe it to my husband to be a responsible, communicative and loving wife and I absolutely owe it to my parents to be a responsible, well-mannered and thankful daughter.

3. Get back to a size 10 (UK) by middle of the year - big BIG ambition here, but why not? Let's put me on that great big journey of a challenge.

4. Manage my time better each day so as to keep my sanity - this applies to juggling daily housechores, whilst managing the demands of a 4 yr old and soon, a lil baby too.

5. Have greater patience and tolerance for inevitable conflicts of interest between the husband and meself - this would no doubt be a great challenge; almost as, if not more than #3.

6. Always always shower my kid(s) with more than necessary love, yet maintain the fact that I'm here playing their mom first, and their friend second - which means, discipline and good behaviour from them would always be expected. I'd tolerate no roughness, no bullying, no verbal rudeness and the likes of those.

7. Suggest, persuade, plan a good holiday with the husband for us to go on with Big Z and Baby Z when Baby Z is at least 5 months old - for now, the thought of Bali seems very welcoming.



So there you have it. My list for now. It's a list I better make myself refer to every so often. Them ticks would very much do me good.

Till the next update then, wish me luck and hope you do well with your own respective lists too. On that note, happy new year to all. May 2008 bring us all better things, rewards, much love, berkats, rezekis and pahalas. InsyaAllah ...

1 comment:

zie_naz said...

Hope Zarif will get well soon & Mummy can have a good rest..I'm pretty 'heavy' too. I can't remember exactly how many weeks I am, but my expanding tummy always remind me to go a bit slower than usual.. Like yr New Year's resolutions..I wish about the same. Yeah..I gotta work on some stuffs too to be a better Mum, wife & daughter...InsyaAllah. Have a Happy New Year!..