Sunday, January 6, 2008

nesting on a Sunday ...

Today saw us staying in (well, The Daddy had a reunion brunch with some old schoolmates though). After lunch, we managed to get quite a number of things done around the house. I'm a happier person now because of this. :-)

Apart from the usual laundry (I really don't know why I can't just do laundry every other day or even just twice a week, instead of every single day ... honestly, I think I should limit the change of clothes habit in this household ... haha) and the sweeping and mopping (today was the whole of downstairs), we finally created the corner for Baby Z in the room downstairs. Plan is to have myself and baby parked downstairs during the confinement period. Saves me walking up and down too much especially since we haven't a maid waiting by our every call. I'd still have to attend to daily housechores and being downstairs just seems the most practical solution.


So yes. A lil corner downstairs then for Baby Z. There's the swinging crib, a chair for feeding sessions, some wall art and ample more space on the floating shelves to display other bits in the future. Depending on how efficient I'll be, the plan is to take close-up photos of Baby Z and have them lining up on the shelves. There'll also be a storage box of sorts to hold in her essential toiletries and diapers; this would occupy the other half of the wall shelves. Other than that, there's the crib to dress up (we've yet to get cotlinen) and possibly a cushion just to 'complete the look' of the feeding chair.


OK. Just read this post up to the previous paragraph, I really haven't completed the corner, have I now?? Still lots to do. But ... judging by the rate things get done around here, I'd have to say, I'm most pleased with our efforts today. Haha.

When it's all finally completed, I'll photograph the teeny-weeny corner and put up them photos here.


Meanwhile, I shall have a serving of good 'ol tau fu fah now - they say, packing in them calcium in you is all good for baby and expecting mom. Some go as far as guaranteeing you the fairest baby too. Hmm... A big serving I shall indulge in now then. ;-)


Oh, and Big Z's getting better now, Alhamdulillah ...
He should be able to make it to first day back at school tomorrow.

2 comments:

kaezrin said...

i x sbr nk tgk hasil nyer...cepat2 amik gambar ok

emly2175 said...

mopping? do be extra carefull k when mopping and being preggy at the same time dear... me too can't wait to see baby Z's lil' corner.. syok betul la baca your preparation for baby Z .. make me wish i was the lucky baby.. :)