Thursday, March 26, 2009

vote earth ...


I'm not big on elections and the voting scene in general. (the fiasco, the ooohs and aaahhhs, the cringes and sighs that surround many a Malaysian the past day or so left me nowhere near bothered ... politically-inclined, you ask? nah .. not me) I'm not the greenest person either, you'll come to realise (my love for papers, books and magazines ... enough said!). But when something which strikes me as a simple but possibly very effective idea comes along, I'm all game to do whatever little part I can.




I'll let my knobbly index finger work extra time this Saturday the 28th March 2009 at 8:30pm, switch off the lights and VOTE EARTH. I'll be among the eager-beavers on my street, in my neighbourhood, in my state, my country, my continent, my earth, to care that bit more about our home, our planet.


..............................................


On the homefront in the past week, Zarif's picked the following book as his bedtime read.

:: On Earth by G. Brian Karas ::

He'll make me read it with him and then he has a go at it himself, under my watch. I bought the book sometime last year. This week, it suddenly got popular again at bedtime. Timely, I say. Mommies out there, this is a beautifully written and illustrated book you may like to get for your lil ones. Zarif especially likes the part on the different planets and months. He still thinks it's too good to be true that four family members (him and myself included) are August babies. And that no one in the whole famiy (that's 24 of us in total) is September-born.

......................................................

Good weekend then. And work that index finger, why doncha.

2 comments:

zie_naz said...

We did it, during Aqil's b'day party time, when 40+ relatives in the house. With tea lights candle on ;-)

mrika said...

aawww ... that's so nice! a birthday worth telling him about time and time again when he's bigger. :-)

happy birthday Aqil! :-)