Monday, March 16, 2009

my first 'party client' ...

After the (happy) fuss that was Zayaan's birthday party, and after the brilliant photos (of the party) were made public, I received more than I had imagined I would, lovely comments from various people. From those I'm closest to as well as those I'd meet say just once or twice a year. Encouraging words through personal sms-es, personal FB messages, emails as well as FB photo comments. I thank you all very much. But, I do feel too that the good photos played a large part in making the party looked prettier than what it probably really was.


In any case, all of this response led to an old friend asking me to plan a party for her. For her daughter's 1st birthday to be precise. It's under 2 months away now. I've done only rough sketches and made plenty of notes and doodles in my lil black book of ideas. Having said that, I'm excited and thrilled to have my first 'party client'. Helps too that she's an old friend, and one who just happens to be so easy to work with.


Here's the theme ...



:: image from Cupcakes Take the Cake ::

... though I'm going for something a little different and whimsical, just because. ;-)

On that note, wish me luck!

6 comments:

Chuff said...

Congratulations, Mrix. I'm sure you're gonna have a lotta fun working on this one.

Keep updating your blog. Nicely done.

mrika said...

Hey Ling! (and you're now Chuff? wht happened to Chewbies?)Thanks. :-) Nway, didn't think you still read my blog. Didn't think anyone still does. Heh ...

Chuff said...

I read ler, but you update once in a blue moon onli mmh.

mrika said...

hehe ... yea. very bad like that. no story. rather, v boring mommy-writings.

Mrs Fluffy Head said...

this is great! well done, mrika!
i'm sure you'll throw a lovely party!

eh i do read your blog (curi time at work), just tak sempat to comment some times.

NORA ANSHAR said...

congrats mrika! i look forward to your creative creations :)