Saturday, May 17, 2008

'coz SAHMs are humans too ...

Being a full-time stay-home mom has its obvious perks - namely, being the first (and sometimes sole) witness to your child's key milestones. And just for that simple reason, I can't imagine myself ever going back to the 'true' working life.

Having said that ... humans as we are, I think full-time stay-home moms (especially those without maids, like yours truly) do need the occasional break from the constant no-break 'career' that they have. In light of the said break, I've 'dutifully' proposed to the husband that we reward ourselves (well, OK ... i pretty much told him I need to be rewarded and treated to) once a month. So, one night a month, we'll go out for dinner. Sans our two Zs. For now, we're dedicating a Friday night, once a month. It'll be our date night, if you like. It may sound cruel, but I like to think of it as more of a positive thing. Besides, it'll only be for (at the most) 4 hours - a long dinner, dinner and a movie or dinner and an after-dinner coffee session. Our Zs will be at either grandparents' while we pretend we're young and still dating each other. Haha.

So. Any suggestions where we should have our first Friday night date then?

5 comments:

lyn said...

hmm i dont know about where in KL tho but selalu if in KL, we'd take the whole weekend without the boys and check in somewhere! figured we owe ourselves that much... :P

over here, its either friday night or saturday night. usually we'll go out for dinner, or watch movies (depending on whats on) but i do get saturdays & sundays off. i love it when hazlan makes breakfast

Chuff said...

Mrix oh Mrix... once a month is well deserved. I used to hafta do that when I was bogged down with work. Make it a point to have that special date once a month. It's really not too much to do or ask for.

I now insist Steven take me out every weekend coz we'll be apart for months kan? That's also because we stay in too much even when I'm over here. If we don't get out of the house, we won't unless really necessary. We do the simple stuff - We like trying out new places together - coffee/ restaurants/ smoothies/ etc (usually food related. LOL). That way, I kill many birds with one stone. Photography for me, write reviews and tips on my travel pages and my other blogs. HAHA :D

Oh, another thing... is there somewhere you've been wanting to go to?

kaezrin said...

tapas at bodega???

delish??

candle light dinner at MO???

ohhhh Itallianies??

i oso wants that kind of treatment tooooooooo

Mommy at Home said...

Oh yes, I totally agree on mommy-daddy date nights. Have dinner and catch a movie afterwards. Sometimes when the husband is really busy, a trip to the mamak down the road for roti naan and teh tarik pun makes me happy.

Chuff said...

i like mommy at home's idea of date nights. simplicity has its advantages. you can still have fun dressing up a little even if you're go to mamak.