Thursday, December 27, 2007

the 'missing' mole ...

For those who know me, you'd know I've a very prominent mole above my mouth (unless of course, when we meet, you never quite noticed it ... hehe). And then about a hundred more scattered around my body. OK .. maybe not quite a hundred, but plenty nevertheless. Just on my face, there's 5. But this isn't about me so much.

Big Z's story. Once again, yes.

He was in one of his affectionate moods earlier. Hugged and kissed me (the Daddy says to always embrace it all now coz he may just decide he's too much of a man to be hugging and kissing the Mummy once he hits the 7th yr! haha) and then cupped my face and commented on my mole. The one right above my mouth.

Immediately he had to check how he'd match his Mummy. Checked his face for moles he did! He has none on his face, by the way. Wasn't satisfied, so resorted to lifting his shirt up in search of that missing mole. While lifting the shirt up, said "ey ... where is it? where's it gone now?? ... mole's not behaving himself .. it's hiding, Mummy". *LOL*

I was amused. He wasn't quite as amused. Took it pretty seriously. Was finally comforted when he spotted a mole on his tummy. It's not as big and prominent as mine, but that'll do for now. It certainly made his day alright. "There! I found it. There's my mole". And then walked away a happy chap. :-)


On that note, a good weekend to all!

4 comments:

Nadia said...

OMG! Are we serious? He was actually upset that his mole was 'hiding'? Oh dear, poor boy.

On another note, nope, I've never noticed that mole above your mouth. How could I have missed it? Or did I notice and have forgotten about it? Hrmmmm.... haha!

Muna said...

hehehe..never ending little mr curious nih!
mrix, u siti norhaliza's long lost sister ke? hehehe..kidding!
maybe baby z would have somewhat somewhere your trademark mole,yes? hehehe!

emly2175 said...

is that your father in business times decembers' issue? the name & face look so familiar like the one i saw in your fotopagess....

mrika said...

Nadia: Well, he wasn't upset la boo-hoo upset la. But was a lil worried as he couldn't find a mole on his face ... spotting one on his tummy left him all happy again. Haha...

Muna: That's why! Ada je his queries, concerns, remarks and suggestions la that Big Z of mine. Tak terlayan je half the time.

Emly: Yup. That's him alright. In the 'profiles' (or sthg like tht) section towards the back of the mag, kan? You read the article? Left me in tears reading it .. but I'm just soppy like that. Hehe...