Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mandarin for Dummies (Big Z style) ...

I know no Mandarin. Big Z however, has started learning Mandarin in school. Asked him just moments ago what he learns in his Mandarin class. After a lot of reluctance to entertain the Mummy, he finally acknowledged me. So I asked how one counts in Mandarin. After a short pause, he started laughing away on his own. As soon as he could mouth out his sense of humour, he left me in laughter as well! See, according to Big Z, this is how one counts in Mandarin ...


"Mandarin one ... Mandarin two ... Mandarin three ... Mandarin four ..."


Both Mummy and the Big Z were laughing in hysterics for a good 3 to 5 minutes. :-)


Those interested in learning the said-language, I'm guessing you should continue the progression mentioned above. It'll continue as "Mandarin five ... Mandarin six ... and so on". You get the picture, yea? ;-)
But just between you and me, I'd strongly suggest you learn the language thoroughly and correctly, and NOT the way that Big Z has; plenty of sense of humour, zilch in the actual accuray of the language.

2 comments:

Nadia said...

OMG! He's just the cutest! Mandarin 33 ada tak? Wait chop, can he count to 33 already? Oh-my-goodness, I think I'd have fallen off my chair or something if I was there. Haha!

Speaking of Mandarin classes, we were initially thinking of sending Irfan to a Chinese school. But after hearing and seeing how stressed out those kids are, I think we'd just send him for Mandarin classes and let him attend a good public school. Heh!

kaezrin said...

ahaks...i nak tergelak baca...hillarious sgt