Friday, April 24, 2009

what goes up must come down ...

quite literally, here.

a common occurance at home is of random objects taking rapid dives, or rather, forced throws and falls from the upstairs family room to the downstairs living area, and vice versa. something about throwing things that always fascinates kids, yes? nevermind that the Z-boy has to make trips up and down the stairs to enjoy this game, as often, he plays on his own. recently though, the Z-girl (no longer a baby, i say) has discovered the joys of this home play activity. yesterday, i was thisclose to losing my phone as she ever-so-cautiously took my phone and waved it threateningly over the void area.

when things fly a bit too often and one too many things fly almost all at once, i obviously join in the 'fun'. my voice flies few notches louder, trying to tame things down. in response just moments ago, the Z-boy had this to say "i don't know why Mummy ... it's not me ... it's just my skull telling me what to do ... my skull is giving me ideas Mummy". ahh ... right. okay, my son. not your fault. just your skull then. of course he meant his brain, his mind that's always churning ideas, yes.

do yours (darling young ones of yours) have clever ideas that their skulls feed them with? ;-)
do share!

2 comments:

Mom-On-The-Loose said...

so far Hani hasn't mentioned her skull telling her to do things but she's often placed the blame of certain ideas on her use-to-be imaginary friend, Amir. she's also accused her crocodile pillow and bunny for wetting the bed!!!

mrika said...

hehehe ... too cute! :-)