Friday, April 10, 2009

to marry or not to marry ...

was tucking in Big Z to bed the other night. laid down next to him till he was dozing off. few moments went by then he woke up again and asked why i was still there next to him. said that i could leave and that he's fine and asleep already.
the following conversation then took place ...

..................................................

me : but you're my favourite son and favourite boy .... i want to hug you a bit more

him : okay Mummy ... but you can go now. i'm sleeping already. see?

me : i know ... just a short while more. you go to sleep.

him : (mumbling away and still convincing me to leave him already!)

me : and soon you'll be a bigger boy .. and then when you're 10, maybe you'll say you don't want Mummy to hug you much already.

him : (restless in bed now) .... but i don't want to get married!

me : married?? you don't get married at 10!

him : yes ... but when i'm so big like Daddy ... i don't want to get married coz then you don't want to hug me.

me : (aaawwww ...) you don't have to get married so soon .. or you don't have to get married at all. BUT ... if you don't, you can't have kids. mummy married Daddy and Allah gave you and Zayaan to us. that's a good thing, right?

him : hmmm ... ok. yes. maybe i want to get married. i want kids also. but i don't want to get married now. only when i'm so big.

.............................................

with that, he hugged me tighter and told me to stay till he falls asleep again. tee-hee ... i bought me extra hugging time.

2 comments:

zubye said...

oh my.......
this is sooooooooo sweet!

zie_naz said...

bless you..zarif and mummy. so sweet..