Wednesday, January 21, 2009

gotta love little man's speak!

some randomly-picked (read: randomly-recalled) mini conversations with the Big Z ...


.....................................................


Big Z : hey Mummy ... if you're 30, and Daddy is 30 too, how come you're not the same size?

me : (laughing and thinking up an answer)

Big Z : ahh ... i know. coz boys can be bigger than girls.

me : u'huh. you're right. that's why. (and then laughing still ...)

.................................



Big Z : okay Mummy, ill go downstairs and play and watch the movie (Transformers) first, then come up and sleep.

(hardly 15 minutes later, he came back up, looking all shy)

me : what's up? the movie's finished? how come you're up already?

Big Z : coz i think i miss you. i miss your face la, Mummy. so i came up.

me : (a hug i couldnt resist!)


........................................


Big Z has lots to say. well, no surprise there! often, i'd be too tired to have lengthy thought-provoking-provoked-by-a-5-year-old-no-less conversations with him. so, this came about once ...

me : hey Zarif ... you don't have to talk all the time, ok. and don't have to ask me too many things too.

Big Z : aahhh ... ok Mummy. but i cannot do that. i have to ask so many questions.

me : okay. how bout you ask me 2 questions - one in the day and one at night. and save the other questions for your teachers in school. how bout that??

Big Z : awww Mummiieeee!!

me : (nope, that didn't go down quite well with him .. didn't like my idea)


..................................................

No comments: