Tuesday, September 23, 2008

but they'll still always be our lil ones, yes?

Big Z now goes to the loo by himself. He wants no help from us and insists he's big enough to clean up after on his own. It's been this way since early this year, but with the occasional shout for help (to clean up) every now and again. But the past month, he's suddenly decided he's all very grown-up; goes to the bathroom, locks the door behind him, sings while busying himself on the throne (yes, one should not waste time not singing, just because one is occupied ;-)), flushes and then washes up. I on the other hand, will be the restless mom waiting outside the bathroom for him to come out all clean or to call me in to help. So far, it's always the former though. He comes out not only having cleaned down there, but so too his arms and legs and sometimes hair. He might as well take a shower after each session!

It's always been "pee" in our household (as opposed to "shee-shee" or "pee pee" or "kencing" - do excuse my lingo here for a minute). So, imagine my surprise when I heard him say as he walked hurriedly to the bathroom some 3 nites back "ohhh ... i really need to urinate now". "urinate" ... like seriously?? Even I don't use the word. It's good, yes, but wow ... I didn't see that coming.

...................................................

And Baby Z will turn 7 months day after tomorrow. SEVEN months??! Explains her very lip-smacking ways when she sees us eat. I guess a bigger meal portion for her should be seen to now.

2 comments:

emly2175 said...

my 3 year old daugter still on diapers. MIL dah tanya bila nak start diaperless. Me & hubby malas nak push.. But we have started giving her encouragement for her to go diaperless.

mrika said...

Emly : yea, don't worry bout it ... when she's ready, the transition from diaper to diaperless will happen almost overnight. if tak over (one) night pun, over (not-too-many) nights la. heheh ... but seriously, for me with Zarif, potty-training was soooooo much easier than weaning him off my boobies!