Sunday, June 8, 2008

a confession ...

:: photo courtesy of apartmenttherapy.com ::

This florist. This road. Those cute red minivans. The matured buildings framing the picture.

A florist on Westbourne Grove, London.

Oh, I miss you (London) so!

........................................................

One of the things I enjoyed most back when I was in London was buying fresh flowers from such florists. It'll either be on a weekday, on my way back home from college/uni, making a stop at the Hammersmith's station (District Line exit) resident florist or my stop's (Stamford Brook) florist, OR it'll be on a Sunday morning stroll, getting my supply of fresh flowers from the florist set up at the corner of Stamford Brook road, a mere 3 minute stroll away from my front door. Sigh ... such bliss from life's simplest pleasures. Yet I miss it terribly and long to go back there again ... and again ... and again (with or without stops at florists), just so I can take in all that London has to offer me. Silly, simple me! :-)

3 comments:

Chuff said...

You making plans to go London then?

mrika said...

Ling: hehe ... i'm always planning je. mostly on my own pulak tu. izmet's pretty much immune dah to my wanting to go back there. so much so, he'll just give me the time and space to berangan sorang2 ... haha!

zie_naz said...

Tell me about it.. I miss it too! Friends, former home in Reading, the garden, High Street! Kebab! and yup! Buying fresh flowers is a must! I just go Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda..cheaper! Hahaha... Hhhmm when will I see you again London?!... berangan jugaklan bila nak pergi lagi ni..:-) And hubby is in Lyon today, he's all over Europe for the past 5 days, & another 5 days! :-( :-)